Oakview National Park (VKFF-1212)

Heading west on wide bay hwy and prior to Kilkivan turn left and head towards Kilkivan bush camp.  I was surprised at just how many caravans there were at this bush camp. Hundreds! It’s like everyone has gone bush during COVID. A few kilometres past the bush camp the road turns to gravel. Almost to the end of the road the National park borders the road and that is where I parked.




The terrain was hilly with plenty of trees. I was low down in a valley so I hiked westward for about 30 minutes and ended up on top of a hill with some nice trees to hang the fan dipole from. Glad I had plenty of water with me.

I had no reception on Optus or Telstra so I was not able to self spot. After setting up I found a log to sit on and commenced calling CQ on 7.144MHz. It was a bit slow going at first but after a few contacts VK4FDJL Deryck spotted me and then the contacts came flowing.

























Contacts 40 metres:

VK3PT Perrin

VK2FBRU Michael

VK3KQT 

VK4FDJL Deryck

VK2LX Grant

VK3PF Peter

VK2IO Gerard

VK2USA/P Dallin in VKFF-1319

VK5HAA John

VK5FANA Adrian

VK3PI Mark

VK3ARH Allen

VK2LEE Lee

VK2FJG 


I took this video when I was descending the hill before I got back to the car.










Did



D



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maroochy Wetlands Conservation Park

Horseshoe Lagoon Conservation Park

Lamington National Park