Mons Repos Conservation Park (VKFF-1595)

This is the 3rd activation for this park which is 15 minute drive from Bundaberg. It was the first time I used my home made end fed half wave for 20 metres with a loading coil for 40 metres. It also tunes up well on 80 and 15 metres. I was pushed for time at Mon Repos as I was not aware the rangers shut down the beach for the general public at 6pm which is when I arrived. They let me stay for 40 minutes till around 6:40pm. Apparently at 7pm they bring tour groups down to the beach to watch the turtles. Mon Repos is home to the largest concentration of nesting marine turtles on the eastern Australian mainland and has the most significant loggerhead turtle nesting population in the South Pacific region. 22 contacts in the log which when added to the other activations from the park is over 44. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maroochy Wetlands Conservation Park

Horseshoe Lagoon Conservation Park

Lamington National Park