Woondum National Park, VKFF-1221

This park is accessed at the end of Hills Road. As you enter the park there is a car park on the left. This location is in a valley with hills to the south and east and Mt. Boulder to the north so not a great location to operate from. 

There is a walking track 3.2 km return that goes from the car park to Mt. Boulder. My intention was to walk to the top of Mt. Boulder for a SOTA activation but it was a very steep track and I was carrying my hard case with the G90 and batteries in one hand and my Sotabeams telescopic pole in the other and had my backpack on. I made it to about the 1km mark and was spent so I found a good spot to activate from. The sign did say fitness required and I’m lacking in that area. Made 32 contacts (10 of which were CW)

It was a lot easier going back down. Got back to the car just before dusk.

The yellow X marks approximate location for my activation.




















The yellow X marks approximate location for my activation. The yellow circle is the car park.































Just beyond the carpark is a track that continues into the park and ascends up towards the east. The sign says 4WD only. I tried my 2 WD car and sure enough I only got around 500 metres before I had to turn around.  If you have a 4WD you could drive this track to a elevated location and certainly activate from the vehicle.

























My activation location.



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maroochy Wetlands Conservation Park

Horseshoe Lagoon Conservation Park

Lamington National Park