Lamington National Park

 Lamington National Park VKFF-0280, POTA VK-1259

Scott VK4CZ has regularly activated from this national park and advised me that Kamarun lookout is the best place to activate from.  It just so happened that Scott was going to be there the same day to run his microwave gear. He was setting up when I arrived at 10:15 am. I forgot to take photos of my setup but I have a few photos of the area and views. There were a few Gold Coast hams up there checking out Scott’s setup. There was a young lad, Jack VK4ADW who recently got his licence. He was keen to also activate this park, he also had not worked on HF so he used my gear and made 12 contacts.  I made 45 contacts, 10 of which were FT8.  I strapped the 10 metre spider pole to a wooden post and setup in the sheltered area. This is one of my favourite locations to activate from. Wonderful views!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maroochy Wetlands Conservation Park

Horseshoe Lagoon Conservation Park